The United Kingdom, also known as Great Britain, has a population of 60 million with large population of Indians and other overseas nationals too. It being the worlds’ 7th Largest Economy has many opportunities for people of all age groups, backgrounds and cultures. London, the capital of UK, and also its largest city, is called the Worlds’ cultural capital. London has a diverse range of people and cultures, and more than 300 languages are spoken within its boundaries. Universities in UK are more focused on developing skills & attributes which are in high demand from employers worldwide – attributes such as creativity, innovation, teamwork and leadership and expose students to the multi-cultural environment, which is conducive for learning and self development. Great academic atmosphere and the presence of some of the most prestigious educational institutions in the UK make it one of the most favored education destinations in all of Europe. The UK also boasts of a rich and old cultural heritage.
A MBA in UK has been a benchmark in corporate sectors as the penultimate criteria for business graduates. Bricks Overseas is one of preferred choices of students who wish to Study in UK, when it comes to choosing an education Overseas Education Consultant in Hyderabad or Vijayawada. We have tie ups with over 30 top UK Universities.
Why Study in Uk ?
- 1yr Education & 2yr Post Study Work Visa with Visa Up to 5yr
- Get the best of both worlds – worldwide recognition & outstanding value for money.
- UK qualifications are respected and valued by employers worldwide.
- Multicultural Community – Students from over 300 countries enrolled in UK Universities.
- UK is home to some of the most prestigious and oldest universities in the world.
- Excellent facilities & benefits for International students, like free health care, student discounts
- Students are allowed to work Part time up to 20 hrs/week during term time and 40 hrs/week during semester breaks
- Excellent career prospects & Job opportunities via graduate positions Stay back options via Tier 2 work visa & Tier 5 Internship visa.
- Gateway to Europe – Various exciting travel opportunities
- Dependent Can Travel & Work Full Time
UK EDUCATION SYSTEM
UK offers an excellent education system that can vouch for high standards, quality learning experience, wide range of subjects and types of courses with an affordable fee. The education system that constitutes primary, secondary, further education and higher education compels a fulltime education between ages (5-16). Although the education system is broadly uniform there could be slight variation based on the state (England, Wales, Scotland, Norther Ireland). UK welcomes close to half a million international students. The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education monitors and evaluates standards across the range of qualifications offered. The undergraduate degrees are usually for 3 years and offer a myriad of choice in terms of fields and courses although courses in Scotland are a year longer. The Scottish education system slightly varies from the rest of the UK for an example Scotland has one main university system, Scotland University which controls the operation of other universities in Scotland. The Scottish education system also has its own legislative framework, curriculum framework, and qualifications system.
The graduate courses vary from one to two years. Some Universities offer some courses which can be taken at the undergraduate level and they lead up to a Master’s Degree.
The doctorate(PhD) programs usually last for at least 3 years depending on the course.
For the vocational education and training (VET), England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, share a joint system of external qualifications within the National Qualifications Framework.
UK EDUCATION COST
The undergraduate tuition fee can range between 10,000 pounds to 35000 pounds. The Graduate tuition fees range between 10,000 to 40000 pounds depending on the course thus making it possible to complete your Masters study from UK at a much lesser cost but with a degree that is well reputed worldwide.
The average living cost per year in UK ranges between 10000 to 12000 pounds and the expenses could slightly shoot up depending on the location of the accommodation. For the student VISA, the requirements laid down by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) for the living expenses will have to be take care of.
The immigration and VISA requirements to study or stay in UK can be found at UK Visas and Immigration website.
If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the short-term study visa. A short term student Visa for six months can be procured for short course if you are above 18 years old. This visa can be extended till 11 months.
The most popular VISA for a longer stay is TIER 4 Student VISA (Point Based) You can apply for this VISA, 3 months prior to the start date of your course. It is a point based system with a total of 40 points. The requirements are as follows
- Proof of Identity: Passport
- A recent photograph
- Proof of acceptance: An unconditional offer of a place on a course offered by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, evidenced by a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) form from your course provider (this will fetch you 30 points)
- Proof of English language skills: You need to provide evidence of your English proficiency if you are from a non-native English speaking country. An IELTS, TOEFL or PTE score card that matches the University course requirements and the VISA requirement for your course will suffice.
- Proof of finance. Documents like bank statement financial or a letter from your sponsor proving that you have sufficient funds to take care of the tuition and living expenses. (worth 10 points)
- If you are a not a EU/EEA/Swiss student and are studying a sensitive subject, you may also need an ATAS certificate
- Along with documents certifying your academic qualifications you may also need to provide health certificate or take medical vaccinations depending on your country of origin.
- If you are below 18 years of age and are applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must have written consent from your parents or guardians that you can live and travel individually.