USA is the third largest country in size with diverse geographical landscape and climatic conditions with a long colonial history and being a land of opportunity for immigrants for centuries. This multi-cultural and multi ethnic country is the third largest country population wise and consists of 50 states and borders Canada at the north and Mexico at the South, thus covering a major expanse of North America.
Why Study in USA?
- The United Nations is known to be the number one study destination for international students seeking higher education overseas.
- The education system in the USAis highly flexible with room to tailor the course work to suit your specific requirements.
- The USA accounts for the highest number of international students for higher studies all over the world.
- The diversity and range of educational opportunities available in the United States are unparalleled. There is a wide range of universities to select from.
- The USA attracts world-renowned faculty and is at the forefront of research and technological development.
- Interactive learning programs, freedom of choice, liberal education system, independent thinking and democratic principles are the fundamentals of the US learning environment that makes it different from all the other countries.
- On successful completion of their course, international students are highly recognized by employers worldwide.
- The universities and colleges highly encourage foreign students to take admissions for pursuing higher studies and get benefited by its quality and to be sure of this; they have a wide range of support services for International Students
THE USA EDUCATION SYSTEM
The US education system is well known for its standards and quality teaching. It can be divided in three levels primary (age 5-12), secondary (age 12-18), tertiary (age 18 upwards). Mostly the international students enroll for tertiary level which includes Bachelors (Undergraduate degree), Masters (Graduate Degrees), PhD (Doctoral programs) and Associate degrees as well. Control on the educational system, standards, curriculum, fees is mostly decentralized and with local governments, organization’s, committees and so on. The institutions can be further categorized based on the funding and support provided by government or private institutions or entities which makes them either public or private institution. Though the standard and quality of education irrespective of the fact of whether it’s a private or public institution is ensured as they are usually governed by accrediting bodies and councils.
The students enjoy a lot of activities on the campus apart from quality education through participation in various clubs, forums and support groups.
The academic calendar in US is usually divided mostly in two semesters Fall and Spring. The most popular intake is Fall followed by Spring and very few offer Summer intake as well.
Spring (Jan –May)
THE COST OF EDUCATION IN USA
What is the cost of studying in USA?
The cost of studying in the US will majorly be the expense of the tuition which varies depending on the course, the location of the university, and the degree. Usually the Tuition at the Public Universities is lesser than that at the Private Universities. The Tuition Expense can vary from 5000 USD to 50000 USD per year based on your course specialisation and the university.
The Living expenses will vary depending on your choice of accommodation and location. Usually the Living Expenses may vary between 5000 USD to 8000 USD. These costs can shoot up depending upon your standard of living. The medical insurance is mandatory which can cost up to 1000 USD per year.
STEPS TO OBTAIN A STUDENT VISA (F1)
- After receiving an admission from the university or school, Request the I-20 to the school.
- Within 90 days of the start date as mentioned on the I-20, book a VISA appointment.
- To book a VISA appointment fill the DS-160 form (US travel docs) on the basis of the information on your I-20. (SEVIS)
- Generate the MRV fee receipt which is your VISA fees to be paid to the Consulate.
- Pay the VISA fees of $160 as per your MRV fee receipt.
- Within 8-48 hours the portal will activate your VISA appointment calendar.
- You will first need to book the OFC(Biometric) appointment and then the actual VISA interview date. Both should be booked in one go.
- Confirm the date and email the appointment confirmation letter to yourself as you need to carry the print on your OFC as well as interview appointment.
USA – Documents for OFC Appointment
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
- Visa Appointment Letter
- SEVIS Fee Receipt & $160 VISA Fee Receipt
- I-20 & Passport (Original & one photocopy)
Additional Checklist of Documents to carry for VISA Interview
- Passport (Proof of identity)
- VISA Interview letter and VISA Fee receipt ($160)
- Copy of SEVIS Fee Payment Receipt ($200)
Proof of acceptance
- I-20 (Student’s copy which is your proof of acceptance)
- Admission Letter / Offer Letter from University
- Correspondence with University (If available)
Proof of financial capability
- Affidavit of Support (If Applicable) & Consolidated Financial Statement
- IT returns- Sponsors (Last 3 years)
- Bank Balance Letter and Passbooks
- All Investment Documents
- Movable Assets Valuation Report (Jewellery)
- Immovable Assets Valuation Report (Property)
- Agreement/Deed, Share Certificate, Maintenance Receipts
Proof of eligibility
- Academic Documents & Transcripts
- GRE / TOEFL Scores Reports
- Resume & SOP
- Extra-Curricular Achievements Certificate
- Work Experience Letter / Offer Letter